Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Healthy Meal: BBQ Chicken Pita Pizza

I made a delicious meal this afternoon for lunch and I just had to share! The recipe actually came from my best friend/roomie, so it makes it even more fun. We are both embarking on this weight loss journey together. It will be so much better to have someone to help keep me motivated.

Anyways, this recipe is actually incredibly low-cal and also really yummy! All we use for it is chicken (I used pre-cooked frozen strips from HEB), BBQ sauce, spinach, whole wheat pita bread, and mozzarella cheese. The dish cooked decently in the microwave. The chicken is easily heated up in the microwave, and while that was cooking I assembled the rest of the dish. Then I added the chicken and put the whole plate in the microwave for an extra 30 seconds. Surprisingly enough the cheese melted all the way. I entered in all the items on Myfitnesspal and the calories came to a total of 340 calories. That is not a bad amount at all, and this makes the meal all that much more delicious.

I decided to add a small side of champagne sweet tomatoes to my meal. In order to spruce these up a bit, I added a little lime juice, garlic powder, and pepper. I love to eat tomatoes with my meal or even as a snack. Tomatoes to me are like candy!

Until next time!
-AmberandLace

2 comments :

  1. That sounds so scrumptious! My mouth is watering! haha.
    I'm enjoying reading your blog so I decided to follow!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was good. I was impressed especially since it is a healthier recipe. I am going to check yours out as well. Thanks for the follow! I followed yours so I can keep up with your posts :)

      -Amber

      Delete