Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hello there 2014: Resolutions

I have been a little slow to start this year. This must be due to how quickly Christmas came and went. I might or might not still have my decorations up...oops! Taking those down will be my first task of the new year. I have pondered over what I want to try and accomplish in 2014 and well here it goes:

1. Graduate college
This will not be too big of a task seeing as in just a few short days I will begin my final semester of school. Well my final semester until I pursue graduate school in the future. That is so nerve racking though. Wow, did time fly by! All I have to do is pass a few more classes and bam they will be handing me a degree as I walk across the stage come May. This will probably be the biggest moment of 2014 and I am looking forward to it. It is crazy to think that soon I will be all grown-up...haha yeah right. Really though, number one goal this year has to be this.

2. Lose weight
I am not going to set any actual pounds loss goal because I do not know what I am capable of. For Christmas I received a Fitbit Flex, a new water bottle, new workout clothes, and head phones made for running, so you would think that I have all the motivation needed to get my butt in gear! I have been a total slob when it has come to eating these past few years in college and that needs to change. Luckily my super sweet boyfriend happened to get this girl an awesome juicer that I CANNOT wait to use! I plan to attempt some juicing cleanses once I prepare my body for them. Also, I plan to register for more 5Ks and a mud run before the temperatures get too hot here.

3. Blog more
Well I just started this blog, but I have attempted other blogs in the past only to give up quickly. I lost motivation and it was not working out for me. I am starting this year fresh and even more determined to blog efficiently. There is still a lot for me to learn as far as, well everything goes, but I am willing to make sure that I have time to learn new skills. It would be wonderful to also try and get a YouTube page up and running. I have wanted to record videos ever since I started watching back in 2010, but I get too discouraged right when I get all pumped up to start. 2014 will be the year of creativity!

4. Get a job
My fourth and final resolution would have to be obtaining a job upon graduation. I am ready to grow up and dive head first into the professional world. My time throughout school has really prepared me and taught me a lot about who I am as a person. Obviously, I do not know everything about myself and I am still finding out more every day. I do know that I cannot wait to introduce myself to the world!

Here's to 2014 and all the wonderful things I hope it brings along!

What are your resolutions this year?

Until next time!
-AmberandLace

No comments :

Post a Comment