Thursday, January 9, 2014

NOTD: Blue Dreams

 It has been rather gloomy here where I live, so I decided to paint my nails with colors that remind me of better weather conditions. I love winter and all, but I just prefer brighter colors in most cases.

For my desired look I used all the polishes pictured on the left. You should be using some kind of base coat on your nails because it is a major life saver. The base coat allows for your nails to be super smooth and thus the paint goes on effortlessly. I used almost all Sally Hansen nail products. Sally Hansen polishes seem to dry quickly, which is why I seem to reach for them constantly. The blue glitter is from Spoiled polishes.

I have also provided for the names of all the nail polishes just in case you were wanting to create a similar nail look. The names of polishes are just too cute! The picture on top is the name of the corresponding image on the bottom. I bought all these polishes at CVS, but I am sure they could be found just about anywhere Sally Hansen is sold.


Ta-Da! You have made it to the big revealing! The look below is my final product. I chose to paint four of my fingers with the Mint Spring. For my ring finger, I painted it with Mint Sorbet and Use Protection. Painting your ring finger a different color is a quick but subtle way to spruce up your nail look and I cannot get enough of it.

What are some of your favorite ways to brighten up a gloomy day? I also love to enjoy reading and a nice cup of tea when the weather is kind of dull. Nothing is more comforting in my opinion!

Until next time!
-AmberandLace




2 comments :

  1. Blue nails are beautiful, definatly one of my favourites! Maybe it's because it's my favourite colour!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree! They are so fun and a change from the usual pink colors I reach for

      -Amber :)

      Delete