Monday, January 13, 2014

Kat Von D - True Romance Eyeshadow Palette - Saint

So the story of how I obtained this palette you see pictured to the left is a little interesting. It actually happened by pure coincidence that this baby fell into my hands. My boyfriend was on a mad search for the Naked 2 palette right before Christmas and was unable to find it. The sales associate at Sephora showed him a few palettes that would be comparable to the Naked 2 palette and this is what he came up with.
I am so happy with this palette and it is the palette I cannot stop reaching for. I did not know too much about Kat Von D's makeup line, so I wasn't too sure about how I would like this product. The only thing I could remember about her makeup was that my roommate owned a blush of hers and said it was super pigmented. This got me excited to test out my new gift!



The palette contains eight beautiful colors that really do not differ from the same tones you would find in the Naked palettes. The names for the colors are super fun as well: Heavens, Enjoy the Silence, <3, Downtown, Sunny, Pray for Me, Bookworm, and Caravaggio. The palette also includes a black eyeliner pencil, but I have not used it yet because I prefer liquid liner.
I have included a picture of the palette and swatches of all the colors to the right. When looking at these pictures the shadows start with Heavens and end with Caravaggio.

You can see from the swatches that these colors are indeed super pigmented. I think that is what draws me to this particular Kat Von D palette so often. You barely need to touch the eye shadow brush to the palette in order to get loads of color. The color applies flawlessly as well. Like seriously I want to buy more of her products just because of how wonderful this particular one has been. I will try to create a few looks with it to share with y'all!

This product is listed at $36.00 on Sephora.com which is a steal if you ask me. This product should last for awhile since it does not take much eyeshadow for a perfect look.

Have you ever tried this palette or any of Kat Von D's products? Let me know in the comments your opinion. Also, what are some of your favorite palettes?

Until next time!
-AmberandLace

1 comment :